March 9, 2009

I'm gonna go down south


1998, Shipyards, Chania

You're not going to hear'em stand there and look at the stars as big as holes in the arms and the stars like a back truck electric flag and I'm standing there under that flag with your carbine between my legs, you know I felt so free of death beyond me, I felt so free and the F.B.I.'s looking for me baby, but they'll never gonna find me, no, they can hunt me down like a dog and I'm still on the run and they can speculate what I'm feeling, but daddy, daddy you'll never know just what I was feeling and I'll tell you, I am no little pretty little rich girl, I am nobody's million dollar baby, I am nobody's Patsy anymore, I'm nobody's million dollar baby, I'm nobody's Patsy anymore, and I feel. So. Free.

~ Patti Smith, "Hey Joe"